Stock & Control
Maj. (Retd.) Zahoor Ahmed Ranjha
GM (Stock & Control)
INTRODUCTION S & C WING
S&C wing was established in 1983 and has been assigned the task of inventory control, other important interlinked functions such as billing of wheat stock to recipient agencies and receivables, annual stock taking and reclassification of gunny bags/tarpaulins through boards consisting of Head office & Field officials. Therefore it functions in close co-ordination with the Zonal Offices, liaison offices as well as other wings at Head Office.
The major functions performed by the S&C cells are:-
- Inventory Control.
- Wheat Sale Billing to Agencies.
- Recovery of Receivables.
- Re-classification of Gunny bags & Tarpaulins.
- Annual Stock Taking.
- Printing of Field Stationery
The Stock Section of S&C Wing under takes the Inventory Control with the following objects in view.
- To facilitate the accounting and evaluation of commodity stocks, ancillary items, dead stock articles and consumable items etc. held on charge with a view to determine the assets and liabilities of the Corporation.
- To safe guard any pilferage, misappropriations and embezzlement.
- To facilitate the smooth flow of transactions
- Receipt and its scrutiny of Dispatch Reports from Zones on weekly basis.
- Scrutiny of Dispatch Reports and preparation of Bills on weekly basis.
- Submission of Bills to the Recipient Agencies on weekly basis.
- Follow-up Action for recovery of Receivables from Recipient Agencies & confirmation of the remittances from F&A wing.
- Periodical reconciliation with the Recipient Agencies.
RE-CLASSIFICATION OF GUNNY BAGS & TARPAULINS.
- The gunny bags filled with commodities/stacked in Gunjies and Tarpaulins used for coverage (open storage), are damaged /deteriorated due to rains/climatic effects in continuous use and hence require reclassification (gunny bags and tarpaulins are classified as A, B, C & D ). Therefore in order to assess their condition and to determine their category/class, re-classification boards are detailed periodically in the month of September, and February of proceeding year, as laid down in the SOP.
- The Reclassification boards after having physically examined/ inspected the affected gunny bags/tarpaulins in the Gunjies prepare the proceeding and submit to S&C, which are processed and the re-classification of Gunny bags/ Tarpaulins is approved by the Competent Authority.
ANNUAL STOCK TAKING.
- Annual Stock Taking Report is one of the important assignment in PASSCO, which is carried out under the supervision /control of S&C Wing. Annual Stock Taking (AST Cell) is carried out as per prefixed schedule i. e. from 26. March to 31 March every year. Wherein physical counting/ verification of all Commodity Stocks, Dead Stocks and Ancillary Items, is done by the Stock Takers and the requisite Proformae are filled in. The stock taking teams are given four days i.e. 1st April to 4th April for compilation of AST proceedings (Zone wise), which are thereafter submitted to the S&C Cell. The Officers Grade 17 and above are detailed as conveners of the Stock Taking Teams having members from Stock & Control and other Wings of Head Office.
- The External Auditors duly approved by Board of Director carry out independently the stock taking of selective Zones/Points concurrently. The results compiled by both the teams i.e. PASSCO and External Auditors are compared to find out any difference /disparity, for recheck if deemed so.
- The results of the Stock Taking Reports provide the basic data for formulation of Balance Sheet.
PRINTING OF FIELD STATIONERY
On fixation of procurement target by MNFS&R for PASSCO Annual Stock Taking (AST) Section obtains the tentative procurement target from Field wing and estimate of the total stationery for printing. On the demand of S&C wing a tentative procurement target is conveyed by the Field wing, S&C wing accordingly work out the requirement of printing field stationery items & seeks administrative approval from the Managing Director. The case for printing is referred to Commercial Wing. Tenders /Quotations called by the Commercial Wing are processed and orders for printing are given to the lowest bidders. The field stationery after printing is received by the S&C wing for further distribution to the zones according to their requirement commensurate with their target.