Lt. Col. (Retd.) Imran Nazir
GM Field Wing
Field Wing is the backbone of PASSCO, handling with procurement and disposal of agricultural commodities like wheat, pulses, and paddy. There are 13 zones working under the administrative control of GM (Field) spread all over the Pakistan. The Government policy of procurement of food grains has the broad objectives of ensuring effective price operation have resulted in sustaining the income of farmers also ensuring availability of food grains to the weaker section at affordable prices. It also ensures effective market intervention there, by keeping prices under check and overall food security of the country. Field wing plays a key role in all aspects the wing has established a large number of purchase centers in different zones. Though Government has decided their locations and various parameters. Where stocks are brought. The whole time senior management involved in the procedure of fumigation, satisfactory measures of stocks and its distribution.
FUNCTIONS – FIELD WING
- Procurement and handling wheat, pulses, paddy, sunflower or any other agricultural commodities including perishables and their disposal.
- Coordinate with national and other grain handling agencies for improvement in grain handling and storage systems of the Corporation.
- Plan and coordinate for transfer/posting of field staff and provision of facilities to the field Zones.
- Ensure smooth and economical commodity operations.
- Exercise control through visits and surprise checks during the procurement and other field operations.
- Ensure timely allocation and disposal of stocks held by the Corporation.
- Evaluate and recommend disciplinary actions, if needed, against inefficient employees.
- Evaluate and process movement plans and incidental requirements of Field Zones.
- Coordinate with all branches of the Head Office and Works Wing for assistance in field operations.
- Coordinate with Federal and Provincial Governments regarding procurement and disposal of wheat/other grains.
- Coordinate with Provincial Food Department, , Ministry of NFS&R and Banks, for procurement/disposal of food grains.
- Suggest programs/projects to the Managing Director, for improvements in overall functioning of the Corporation.
- Zero percent loss on account of storage and despatch of wheat.
- Maintained a high pitched grain procurement campaign, since its inception.
- Accrued handsome savings in procurement of bardana.
- Succeeded in minimizing storage-loss even during the floods of 2010 & 2011.
- Disposal of surplus stocks through local sale to minimize the burden on National Exchequer.
- Construction of state of the art storage accommodation in shape of Silos and House Type Godowns
- Procurement of wheat direct from the farmers through bulk handling.
- Elimination of role of middle man during procurement of wheat.
- Grading of seeds for farmers.