Col (R) Tanvir Hussain
INTRODUCTION – COMMERCIAL WING
The role of commercial wing encompasses all commercial activity in terms of purchase and sale. Its activities include:
- Import and export of food commodities
- Purchase of other allied dead stock items
- Disposal of food stock
- Any other related activities
FUNCTIONS– COMMERCIAL WING
Within the ambit of this role, the functions performed by commercial wing are:
1) Formulation of Standard operating procedures (SOP’s) covering purchase and sale transactions of
- Printing of field stationary
- Purchase of bardana(Jute Bag/PP Bag),
- Procurement of tarpaulins fumigants, pesticides, etc.
- Sale of unserviceable/obsolete dead stock articles like Bardana, tarpaulins and Polythene Sheets etc.
- Procurement of IT equipment
2) Timely procurement of cost effective items required in the field and head office after Managing Director’s approval.
3) Constitute teams to supervise inspection of Bardana, Tarapulins and Dead stocks.
4) To make arrangements for transportation of goods and hiring handling facilities (Sea, road and rail) on as required basis.
5) Licensing out PASSCO assets i.e. Godowns & shops.
6) Hiring of storage accommodation.
SECTION DETAILS- COMMERCIAL WING
FUTURE VISION- COMMERCIAL WING
1) Production and Marketing of Certified Seed.
2) ISO Certification for Head Office and all Zones of PASSCO.