As a public Limited Company, within the ambit / parameters of its mission, the corporation has been assigned following major functions:-
- Provision of food security at national level, by maintaining strategic reserves of wheat and other specified commodities.
- Maintain SAARC Food Bank Reserve Stock.
- Extend state welfare to farmers by providing support to farmers; stabilize prices by intervening in domestic market. Release wheat to deficit province as well as Armed Forces.
- Undertake import / export of different food grains when called upon.
- Construct modern storage facilities for good grains.
- Assist farmers in cultivation by supplying seeds, fertilizers and other released supplements when called upon.
- Carrying out agro business / trade activities to achieve sustainability.
- Other functions as detailed in the “Memorandum & Articles of Association” published under the Companies Ordinance 1984.